ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Rob Senderoff KSU's next basketball coach?

stevehare Rivals

The Golden Flash!
Dec 21, 2001
Senderoff_Rob_0809-HS.jpg
Cast your vote, should KSU hire current assistant coach Rob Senderoff as head coach to replace Geno Ford, who on Sunday accepted the same job at Bradley?
This post was edited on 3/27 9:51 PM by stevehare Rivals

I think history dictates Nielson stay in-house and hire Senderhoff. He's been around KSU a long time and knows the current players.

No reason to go elsewhere especially if they aren't willing to seriously increase the pay.

I think Senderoff would be a solid hire, but I think it would do well to at least open it up, unlike last time. I think the recent hire of the football coach suggests that the AD will do that. Senderoff has string ties to the program, but so did Geno. I can't imagine that Gary Waters at Cleveland State wouldn't be interested in coming home. I said this in another post, but how about looking at a former player, like Eric Haut at TCU? If you interview a few guys and realize that Senderoff is the right choice, then gravy. But two schools that are probably smaller, and one (VCU) that didn't have half the hoops success that KSU had before this tourney, just made the final four.

Why not try to get a guy who wants to be a Flash for the longterm? I think busting out the paycheck to keep a guy would be nice. Probably infuse the marketing for the program would be nice also.

So much more can happen at KSU and the two other small schools in the final four should be an example.

I agree. I think Senderoff is the logical choice, but don't close to door to see who else may be interested in it as well.

FYI, a friend of mine was up on campus and noticed that Michigan State's asst, Dwayne Stephens, was touring campus and had stopped the tour to grab a bite to eat @ Rosies. I am assuming that he is one of the finalists since he was brought to Kent.
This post was edited on 4/3 5:37 PM by rjwagner

ADVERTISEMENT