ADVERTISEMENT

Is Bob Kofroth and Shane Mosley’s Celebrity Boxing Match Opponent?

WorldBestBox

Silver Member
Aug 29, 2024
Shane Mosley is set to return to the ring, this time in an exhibition bout against full-contact karate fighter Bob Kofroth, marking eight years since his retirement from professional boxing. Mosley’s storied career, which spanned from 1993 to 2016, saw him capture world titles in three weight divisions—lightweight, welterweight, and super-welterweight. His impressive accomplishments earned him a first-ballot induction into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2020.

You can catch the Bob Kofroth vs. Shane Mosley fight live online, with no cable or VPN required, and with a one-time payment and no hidden fees.

Throughout his career, Mosley took on some of the best in the sport, including legends like Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Canelo Alvarez, and Oscar De La Hoya. His professional record stands at 61-49-10, making him a multiple-time world champion across three weight classes. Mosley’s dominance earned him several ‘Fighter of the Year’ awards and recognition as the best pound-for-pound boxer three times.

However, a series of defeats toward the end of his career, including losses to Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Alvarez, prompted his retirement eight years ago. Now, Mosley is stepping back into the ring as part of the "Celebrity Boxing" series, facing Bob Kofroth in a light-heavyweight contest.

In a message to fans, Mosley encouraged them to tune in, saying, “Make sure you watch my fight on September 28.” However, the video raised concerns among fans, with one pointing out that Mosley seemed to be “slurring” his words. Another fan remarked, “Wow, Shane Mosley is really slurring. There’s no reason for him to be taking punches again at 53.” A third commented, “He needs to stop. The last time he fought, he wasn’t himself.”

Despite the concern, Kofroth is eager for the opportunity, comparing his fight to a “Rocky” story. Speaking to CBS, he said, “I came from nothing. A lot of people don’t know me. This is a huge opportunity for me.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT