ADVERTISEMENT

Celebrity Boxing: Bob Kofroth Fight In Canada

WorldBestBox

Silver Member
Aug 29, 2024
At 53 years old, Shane Mosley is preparing to face full-contact karate fighter Bob Kofroth in a light-heavyweight exhibition match, marking his return to the ring eight years after retiring. Mosley’s professional boxing career, which spanned from 1993 to 2016, saw him win world titles in three weight divisions—lightweight, welterweight, and super-welterweight. These accolades earned him a place in the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2020.

Stream Kofroth vs Mosley Live Online. No cable or VPN required. A one-time payment, with no hidden charges.

Mosley’s legendary career included facing off against some of the greatest boxers of his time, including Floyd Mayweather, Canelo Alvarez, Manny Pacquiao, and Oscar De La Hoya. He retired with a record of 61 wins, 49 of them by knockout, 10 losses, and several 'Fighter of the Year' awards. He was also recognized three times as the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer.

Unfortunately, Mosley’s final years in the sport were marked by several defeats to elite fighters like Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Alvarez, which led to his retirement in 2016. Now, after an eight-year hiatus, Mosley is set to return in the "Celebrity Boxing" series against Bob Kofroth.

Mosley encouraged fans to tune in, saying, “Make sure you watch my fight on September 28.” However, his video message left some fans worried, with one commenting on his apparent "slurring" of words, sparking concerns about his health at 53.

Despite the criticism, Kofroth is excited for the opportunity. “It feels like a Rocky story,” Kofroth told CBS. “I came from nothing. A lot of people don’t know me, and this is a huge chance for me.”

Mosley’s return, while part of an entertainment spectacle, has evoked mixed emotions from his long-time supporters who are cautious about him stepping back into the ring at this stage of his life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT